Recreational - Conditions of Use
Read and be aware of the conditions of use for the various sections of the park.
- Keep the BBQ and picnic area clean. Leave it as you found it.
- ALL rubbish must be taken with you when you leave.
- All pets need to be kept on a lead and under control when around horses.
- This is a non-motorised activities park (this includes remote control cars and aeroplanes)
- Pets are only allowed to be walked on the fire trails of the park. Refer to park map for trail.
- Children should not be left unattended and must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- When crossing trials be aware of bikes travelling at high speeds.
- All fauna and flora should be left unharmed.
- Be aware of poisonous snakes. If any are spotted please contact Stromlo Forest Park staff.
- No open fires are permitted in Stromlo Forest Park.
What to do if you encounter a Horse
- You may meet horse riders on the fire trails in the Park.
- Dogs in the Park should be kept on a leash at all times and under control when around horses.
- A frightened horse is a danger to you, the horse rider and other park users. Do not make sudden or extravagant movements around horses you do not know
- It is advisable to keep a safe distance from horses as they may kick if startled or feel threatened and have considerable reach.
- Do not offer to pat or feed a horse without the owner's permission. Not all horses welcome strangers and some foods are harmful.